BS in Applied Physics
· Mission Statement of Programme
The BS programme in Applied Physics (BSAP) will be able to apply broad Physics Principles to Technological problems of interest to industry. The programme combines courses with applied and technological relevance.
· Objective of Programme
- To develop the engineering student's comprehension of the basic principles of Physics.
- To create a sense of inquiry in the students.
- To develop an understanding of the role of Physics in our attempt to understand the universe through use of modern technology.
- To develop an understanding of interfacing Physics and Engineering to create better infrastructure for the society.
The BSAP programme will be of four years. The first and second year of the programme will be comprised of some core courses on social sciences, mathematics, applied chemistry, statistics together with applied physics as per the guidelines of HEC. In third year courses on Classical Mechanics, Quantum Mechanics, Statistical Mechanics, Spectroscopy, Mathematical Methods of Physics and Electronics will be conducted. In forth year the students will select one specialization from Material Science/Electronics by selecting three elective courses of their choice and carry out a project on his/her area of specialization.